Why stay at Tongariro Crossing Lodge?
At Tongariro Crossing Lodge, you will be welcomed warmly and made to feel at home from the moment you arrive.
As travellers ourselves we know what it’s like to explore a new country or to dash to the mountains for a few days. We aim to offer all the home comforts, plus a few extra touches, to help you relax and recharge with the splendour of the Tongariro National Park as your backdrop.
Come and enjoy:
- Spacious suites with super comfortable beds
- Friendly hosts and exceptional personal service
- Unlimited free wifi
- A delicious and healthy breakfast with fresh fruit and home baking
- Hearty packed lunches for your day out adventuring
- The serenity and seclusion of our landscaped grounds and a patio garden
- Help with planning local activities and arranging transport, including shuttle services for the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
Tongariro Crossing Lodge is owned by Marina and Louis van Wyk, and run with the help of Marina's parents, Olga and Nikolay.
We love to travel and meeting other travellers, and so enjoy sharing our home in this special part of the world with our guests. Our aim is to make your stay with us a truly memorable experience and to help you make the most of your time here.
Why National Park Village?
We fell in love with this region having spent many family trips here exploring the magnificent mountains and landscape in and around the Tongariro National Park - from the Tongariro Alpine Crossing to the ski and snowboard trails on Mt Ruapehu, and the unforgettable Whanganui River Journey. We believe National Park Village is absolutely the best place to stay to enjoy the Tongariro National Park and the wider Ruapehu region - it certainly is the natural gateway to Tongariro National Park and all of its splendours.